Never say never, right? I didn't think I would be doing another book challenge because lets face it I basically never finished the last two. I put books on there that fit the challenge, but didn't fit "me" so I'd all but given up on these challenges. When I saw this Literary Ladies challenge put on by some of my girls Kay and Kristen I was intrigued and then Kerry said the categories were pretty simple and I might be able to make it fit with books I have and really want to read.
1. A YA book (mandatory!) - Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
2. Non US Author (mandatory!) - Grey by EL James
What can I say, I wanted to see what was going on in his mind. What I'm hearing so far is kind of similar to the book You (obsession, which we knew) but this is a love story and doesn't involve the possible murders that You alludes to.
3. A book that was recommended by a blogger (mandatory!) - Happy to be Alive, Because by Chelsea Jacobs, aka fellow Florida blogger over at The Girl Who Loved to Write.
I've had this book for months and being crazy addicted to the library it keeps getting pushed back, but no more!! Many bloggers have already read it and loved it so I can't wait to share in the story!
4. A book that has been on your TBR list for a year or more - The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorenson has been on my TBR since it was a Top 20 Goodreads choice for Romance4.n 2013.
5. A book with a kickass female character - Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley
6. A book that is or will be a movie (or TV show) - Paper Towns by John Green. I think I read somewhere it was based in Orlando, which is cool.
7. A book written by a comedian or celebrity – or even a memoir if neither of those are your jam. Spinster by Kate Bolick
8. A book with a one word title. After by Anna Todd- I started this months ago and never got around to finishing it because other books came up.
9. A suspenseful book – a mystery, a thriller, a book about revenge! Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley
10. A book about Summer, with Summer in the title, or in any way related to Summer because this is a Summer challenge! The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy - I actually bought this because of the pink spine, and it works with this title, yay!!
I started this list and then I got to reading the books on the list before I could post it.
What are some of the books on your TBR right now?