1. No spending money on others. Other than Christmas and a few things from London because hello, London! I did pretty good with this challenge. I'm sure I'll carry it through to 2015 since I'll be tightening my budget like major.
2. Lose 52 pounds. Bwahahaa! Excuse me while I laugh in the face of this resolution. I know I'm not the only person that added this to their list but OMG where do I even start with something like this!? I did lose about 5-10 pounds a couple of times this year and promptly put them back on. *rolls eyes* I know this will be part of my 2015 resolutions because it's just not healthy or making me happy to be overweight.
3. Say yes to fun. I know I did some things I didn't want to do just because I hate backing out once I make a commitment.
4. Travel. I did Europe and I also did some traveling in Florida! Jacksonville was AWESOME and I'm very disappointed in the talent for next year so I didn't buy tickets. I did not take advantage of my extra day off every other weekend for road trips so boo. I had a lot going on around home though, so I didn't ever feel bored.
5. Try 12 new places to eat around town. Can we just say Europe?! I tried sooo many new places over there but I'll also list the places I went in the US.
1. Mel's Hot Dogs 1/9/2014
2. Byblos Pitas 2/4/2014
3. LeeRoy Selmon's 2/1/14
4. Three Birds Tavern 4/19/2014
5. The Swamp 5/17/2014
6. 101 Downtown 5/18/2014
7. PDQ No dates, but I only went there twice and was not impressed.
8. Wing House 8/5/2014
9. Oxford Exchange 9/22/14
10. Blue Sake 11/30/14
11. Margaritaville 12/27/14
12. Leaky Cauldron 12/27/14
6. Grow THIS blog. I wanted to do at least 10 posts a month and most months I was able to surpass that. By participating in way too many giveaways and breaking out of my "norm" I was able to grow my numbers substantially and I've seen different readers comment too so yay!
7. Make six (6) DIY projects Ummm, The one I had planned on doing at the beginning of 2014
8. Read and Rate 52 books in 2014. Ummm I might have surpassed this number by like 250%. That always confuses me but I read 126/52. That's a lot better than my 70 from 2013.
This is how I left it last year and I will say it's been a fantastic year! > > > I have absolutely no idea what 2014 has in store for me but I pray that God continues to bless me, my friends and my family.
I'm looking forward to my 2015 resolutions and can't wait to share those with you!
How did you do this year with your resolutions? Are you making any for the new year?