I'm so excited to participate in this linkup where I show my non-accent, accent! I'm from the Midwest and that's where they send TV anchors to voice school, or at least I've heard that one before. I'll leave it up to you to tell me if I have an accent or not, ok?!
This was part of the blog everyday in July with Allie, Juliette, Faith and Lindsay that I totally missed out on but shall be linking up with anyway!
I tried to make it super short. Bonus + In case you
Here are the list of questions/things to say:
1. Your Name - Heather
2. Where you're from. - Technically; Midwest? Born in Germany on an Army base and now I'm in Florida (6 years), so everywhere!
3. Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope
4. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house? TP'ing
5. What is a bubbly carbonated drink called? Soda
6. What do you call gym shoes? Tennis Shoes
7. What do you call your grandparents? Grandma K
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket? Shopping Cart
9. What is the thing you change the TV channel with? Remote Control
10. What is the bug that when you touch it, it rolls into a ball? How about the one that lights up at night? Rolly Poly and Lightning Bug
11. What do you say to address a group of people? Ya'll
12. Do you speak any other languages? If so, say something in that language(s). Nope
13. Do you think you have an accent? Nope
14. End by saying any 3 words you want. Pink, Sparkle and Hallelujah
So what did you think? Do I have an accent? Or is it just a mish mash of all the places I've lived?!
I'm also linking up with Kathy since I've definitely confessed that I don't have an accent!!